Most business owners these days know they need to establish a strong online presence to truly succeed. For this reason, they build a business website, start an official blog, and set up accounts in a number of social networking sites. Why, then, are many businesses still struggling to achieve their online marketing goals? Why are their websites not getting the kind of traffic they want? Why is their blog not getting the readership they aim for? Why are they not getting as many followers on their social media accounts as they hope for?
The simple answer to these questions is that many businesses have online strategies that aren’t properly organized. They are simply dabbling in the things they know are important for establishing online presence—SEO, content marketing, social media marketing (SMM). They approach each campaign separately, instead of as different parts of a single campaign. Simply put, they do not have an integrated online marketing plan.
Simply being online isn't enough. There has to be an integrated online marketing plan for all branches of optimization to work.
Here are some of the best reasons why you should develop a solid, integrated online marketing plan:
- A good plan will serve as your guide as to how you will position your business in the market.
- A good plan defines your specific goals for each component of online marketing.
- A good plan outlines how you intend to set your business apart from the competition.
- A good plan details the strategies you will use to reach your target market.
- A good plan defines where and how you intend to promote your brand.
- A good plan helps ensure your resources are being used in the most effective way possible.
- An integrated online marketing plan helps align your online efforts with your overall business goals.
So, what are the things your integrated online marketing plan should include? Read on to find out.