Some social media marketers these days focus only on the big three websites: Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (for B2B social media marketing). Other than promoting your brand to a wider audience with these, you should also acknowledge the usefulness of other websites in terms of establishing an audience base opening up better market opportunities.
The Great Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Before looking into alternate social media platforms, let us first recall the benefits of social media marketing and how it makes a difference to you, to a business, or to an organization.
- Improves Credibility -Constant posting of relevant information on social networking sites gives you a boost in credibility. Not only are you providing accurate and competitive content for your company or business, you are also giving value to your audience, which helps earn their trust and establish your competence.
- High Conversion Possibilities – As you continue your social media marketing campaign, you will be able to enjoy the high possibility of people actually patronizing your product, advocacy, or service rather than that of your competitors, especially if they don’t offer the same value.
- High Market Value on Low Expense – One of the biggest benefits of social media marketing is that it doesn’t require a huge budget to get your message across. All you need is a computer, relevant resources, and constant updates on your accounts.
Social Media Platforms to Consider
Below is a list of social media sites that are worth trying for your social media marketing campaign. Their impact on your campaign varies depending on how active you are on each platform, and the extent to which you’ve reached people within a particular time frame.
- Pinterest – This website allows users to “pin” bookmarks, pictures, and content that interests them. These can range from a variety of topics and categories depending on the user’s preference. If you are planning to use this website as one of your social media platforms, you can easily post and share content like pictures, and you can separate them into “pins” for followers to easily browse through your content. Businesses that use Pinterest for marketing purposes usually post pictures and link their accounts to their other social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.) for easy distribution of the content.
- Tumblr – This is a micro-blogging site that allows you to share and repost pictures, text, music, and video. Though the site waned in popularity when Yahoo! Inc. bought it, Tumblr is still a good domain to post relevant content on, as it still has the potential to reach millions of users.
- Instagram– With its mobile application being one of the most downloaded apps on Google Play and the Apple Store, Instagram has become one of the leading photo and social networking websites and photo-sharing applications to date. It allows users to post and edit (photo filter) their photos and share them with the option of tagging other users. The site also allows captioning and using hashtags. With millions of active registered users and countless photos being uploaded every day, it can be the perfect venue to market and promote your products without worrying about getting only a few follows.