Subscribe to Squarefish
Be updated on the latest news in
Ever wondered who creates the interesting, informative, and visually pleasing social media posts of your favorite brands? These people are called social media managers and it is their job to ensure the regular posting of photos, announcements, videos, and other stuff on the brand’s social media pages like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. It is also their responsibility to reach out to and communicate with customers.
Social media managers are usually part of a social media management team or an SMM company. The primary goal of SMM is to manage a brand’s social media interactions. It follows a process that includes the creation and scheduling of content for various socmed platforms. SMM also focuses on understanding and analyzing content, as well as engaging with it.
Social media management teams and companies have trained social media managers who can help brands build and maintain a positive reputation while also attracting new followers or customers. Majority of the companies nowadays integrate their social media campaigns or programs with their customer service projects.
Before social media became an integral part of the marketing process, customer service teams used email to communicate with customers and potential clients. They usually sent announcements or bulletins about promos, discounts, and details on new products or services. Sometimes, they also sent surveys to gather feedback about a particular brand.
When social media, particularly Facebook, started to invade our lives, marketing leaders found it an ideal venue for promoting products and services and for connecting with customers. At first, the goal was just to create and then post relevant content. This quickly escalated as Facebook and other socmed sites continued to roll out one development after the other.
Today, social media management companies and its teams use Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, among others, to not only create and share content but also to start or take part in a conversation, schedule posts, share relevant information from reliable sources, manage and participate communities, create and share events, and answer consumers’ queries.
Social media management components
To be more specific, these are the main components of social media management. These are the tasks SMM companies and social media managers are trained to perform.
- Manage various social media accounts from various platforms.
- Analyze and understand engagement in the said accounts.
- Create posts and schedule them accordingly (usually several days earlier than the chosen day).
- Read, respond to, and monitor comments.
- Get analytics reports regularly.
- Create content with other members of the team.
Some SMM companies assign a social media manager while others prefer to create a team. Likewise, there are social media management tools that can help make their task easier and encourage them to be efficient.
The importance of social media management companies
There are many reasons why businesses need social media management companies—regardless of size and industry.
- As previously mentioned, social media management is intended to connect businesses with their customers. Why social media? Simple….because almost everyone is on social media nowadays. So, yes, majority of your customers are on social media.
They log in to their accounts practically every day and engage in a variety of activities there. It will be easier for businesses to communicate with them through various posts. Some even use social media to run online contests and hand out special discounts.
So, yes, social media is the best venue for establishing a connection with your customers.
- Since you are able to constantly communicate with your customers, it will be easier for you and your team to understand them. What do your customers want? What are their preferences? What products do they usually share on their pages? How can the business satisfy them?
In some instances, customers’ social media attitude can even help businesses come up with marketing strategies and projects guaranteed to give them the satisfaction they need.
All these are possible because of social media analytics, a process that gathers details of conversations used to measure the effectiveness and influence of a post.
- Social media is a big world. Some sources indicate that over 3 billion people use social media worldwide and every second, more or less 11 new users are added to this number. That is how wide and powerful social media is. What this gives businesses like yours is a ton of opportunities to reach out to as many and diverse an audience as possible.
Facebook, the most popular socmed network in the world, is the ideal choice of consumers when it comes to airing their grievances, praises, recommendations, and love about/for the brands they use. This has been proven several times, when some posts about product/service complaints became viral (an online sensation) in a matter of hours. Once posts are shared, other users read them instantly and then share right away when they deem it worthy of social media attention.
Businesses like yours can use this to their advantage because it gives you a solid resource for improving customer service.
- Businesses who use Facebook and other social media sites for their marketing campaigns post more than once a day. This helps create an impression of authority and customers like this because they are confident you know what you’re doing and talking about.
- Since businesses are able to gather customer feedback and reactions, social media management helps improve the reputation of a brand or product/service. It will be easier for you to pinpoint which areas need improvement and which ones are effectively satisfying customers.
- Social media management encourages collaboration and innovation. Hundreds or maybe even thousands of businesses use social media for their marketing campaigns. This opens more doors for your brand to collaborate with other brands or with identified users (i.e. social media influencers, celebrities, bloggers).
You can collaborate on promotional activities, events, or programs and projects. This can help improve your business’ online presence and, at the same time, increase audience interest.
Innovation is also a major issue because anything new and intriguing is definitely bound to get more attention online, on all social media platforms.
- Social media management is more practical and cost-effective than traditional marketing and advertising techniques. Once you sign up with an SMM provider, you are guaranteed to get all the services you need to achieve your marketing goals. You no longer need to shell out additional money for television and radio ads, print ads, and billboards.
Once your brand is marketed online, on social media platforms, it will be visible to billions of people all over the world.
One venue, one digital address for all your marketing and promotions needs.
Social media activities your business can benefit from
There are several activities businesses regularly conduct on their social media pages. These are what they use to build and manage customer relationships, as well as entice interested audiences.
Giveaways and contests
The most popular choice for generating online interest and presence is by regularly doing giveaways and contests. These activities help businesses keep customers interested and engaged. It likewise helps increase your number of followers, fans, or likers. Of course, it also brings in tons of traffic to your page—and even to your website if you provide a link of it on your socmed page.
Giveaways can be of products/services, special discount coupons, and freebies. Contest examples are the most likes/reactions/shares, photo contests, or video-related contests.
Boosting posts or ads
When businesses boost Facebook posts or ads, they are able to reach a wider audience so their brands get more exposure. What makes boosted posts effective is the fact that you can choose the audience type or niche you want to reach. In addition, you can also choose the length of time your post or ad is boosted.
Most of the users your posts reach out to are those who are not yet familiar with your brand or have not yet seen any of your posts in the past. Many of them are then enticed to visit your page so they can learn more about your brand.
Choosing a reliable social media management company
While there’s nothing wrong with using a social media management tool, most companies prefer to hire the services of an SMM provider because they are guaranteed to get a comprehensive package. They also know the best SMM companies have well-trained, highly experienced social media managers who can ensure the success of any marketing/digital marketing campaign given to them. In other words, they know what they are doing.
To make sure you are choosing the right social media management company there is, the best thing to do is find a complete list of their services. Go for the ones that offer everything from formulating marketing strategies to creating social media content to posting and boosting ads and facilitating giveaways and contests.
It is also important to choose one that suits your budget. Generally, SMM services rates are based on the following factors:
- How big (or small) your company is (startup, SME, or a huge enterprise)
- What kind of or which social media services you want/need
- The frequency of posts
- The number of platforms you want to post on
- Are you connecting your social media with your customer service platform?
- What kind of social media analytics you want to avail of or access
Some SMM companies also ask whether you have your own social media manager or not.
Regardless of the size or nature of your business, if you want to succeed in a marketing-focused internet-crazed world, it would be best for you to get your social media management strategy rolling. Consider hiring the services of a social media management company so you’re guaranteed to take the right path to success.